2019 Annual Meeting of the Texas Association of Biological Anthropologists
The 2019 annual meeting will be held on the campus of Baylor University in Waco, Texas on Friday, November 8th and Saturday, November 9th, 2019.
Podium presentations are limited to 15 minutes and poster dimensions should be 3'10" wide x 4' tall. Please consult the AAPA guidelines for additional information regarding the preparation of podium and poster presentations. Registration fees ($25 regular, $5 student) are collected at the event, starting Friday evening November 9th. At this time only cash and check payments are accepted.
Childcare will be provided (by a student worker) from 5-9 pm on Friday, and between 9 am and 5:30 pm on Saturday. Please contact Michael Muehlenbein to make these arrangements
Schedule of Events
Friday, November 8 (Marrs McLean Science Building, Room 101, 1214 S. 4th St.)
- Keynote Address by Sarah Williams-Blangero from 6:00-7:00 pm
- Opening reception and undergraduate poster session from 7:00-9:00 pm
Saturday, November 9 (Marrs McLean Science Building, Room 101, 1214 S. 4th St.)
- Podium and poster presentations from 9:00 am-5:30 pm
- Lunch at Penland Crossroads Cafeteria (provided by Baylor Dept. of Anthropology) from 12:00-1:00 pm.
- Business meeting from 1:15-2:00 pm
- Social gathering from 6:00-8:00 pm at Cricket’s Grill (221 Mary Ave.)
Student Presentation Awards
- Outstanding Undergraduate Poster
- Outstanding Graduate Poster
- Outstanding Graduate Podium