2018 Annual Meeting of the Texas Association of Biological Anthropologists
The 2018 annual meeting will be held on the campus of Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas on Friday, November 9th and Saturday, November 10th, 2018.
Abstract submission is now closed. The deadline for submitting abstracts was October 19, 2018.
The TABA 2018 CONFERENCE PROGRAM is now available.
Addiitonal Information about San Marcos and the area around the Texas State University campus can be found in the Information Flyer
Podium presentations are limited to 15 minutes and posters dimensions should be 3'10" wide x 4' tall. Please consult the AAPA guidelines for additional information regarding the preparation of podium and poster presentations. Registration fees ($20 regular, $5 student) are collected at the event, starting Friday evening November 9th. At this time only cash and check payments are accepted.
Schedule of Events (Overview)
Friday, November 9 (Grady Early Building, 1921 Old Ranch Road)
- Keynote Address: The Humanitarian and Human Rights Crisis in South Texas: Anthropological Application by Dr. Kate Spradley from 6:00-7:00 pm
- Opening reception and undergraduate poster session from 7:00-9:00 pm
Saturday, November 10 (Evans Liberal Arts Building, TXSU main campus)
- Podium and poster presentations from 9:00 am-5:30 pm
- Business meeting from 1:15-2:00 pm
- Social gathering from 6:00-8:00 pm
Student Presentation Awards ($100 each)
- Outstanding Undergraduate Poster
- Outstanding Graduate Poster
- Outstanding Graduate Podium