2017 Annual Meeting of the Texas Association of Biological Anthropologists
The 2017 annual meeting with be will be held on the UTSA - Downtown campus on Friday and Saturday 17-18 November 2017.
Abstract submission is now closed. The deadline for submitting abstracts was November 1, 2018.
Registration for the conference opens at the event starting Friday evening November 17th. Registration fees ($20 regular, $5 student) are collected at the event. At this time only cash and check payments are accepted.
Podium presentations are limited to 15 minutes and posters dimensions should be 3'10" wide x 4' tall. Please consult the AAPA guidelines for additional information regarding the preparation of podium and poster presentations.
This year's annual meeting, hosted by the University of Texas at San Antonio, will be held at the Riklin Auditorium (FS North Building) and the Doubletree Hotel on the UTSA - Downtown campus on Friday and Saturday 17-18 November 2017. The conference includes podium and poster presentations. Participants must submit their abstracts online no later than 11:59 pm on November 1st, 2017. Registration fees ($20 regular, $5 student) are collected at the event. At this time only cash and check payments are accepted.
Riklin Auditorium (Frio Street North Building) and Doubletree Hotel at the UTSA Downtown Campus.
- Surface lots: Participants may park free of charge in Employee A, Employee B, and unmarked Commuter spaces. Please do not use “Reserved” spaces (Friday after 5pm and all Saturday).
- Garage: parking is available on the top floor of the garage. Entrance is at 289-299 La Trinidad St/N Pecos st. Fee: $2/h
A campus map (with parking) is included in the TABA 2017 informational flier
Schedule of Events
- Plenary Lecture, Jill Pruetz (Texas State University), from 6:00-7:00 pm - Riklin Auditorium
- Opening reception and undergraduate poster session from 7:00-9:00 pm - Doubletree Hotel
- Podium and poster presentations from 9:00 am-4:00 pm - Doubletree Hotel
- Student Brown Bag Lunches* (pre-register here) 11:30-1:30 pm - Doubletree Hotel
- Business meeting from 12:30-1:30 pm - Doubletree Hotel
- Social gathering from 6:00-9:00 pm - The Cove (606 W. Cypress St.)
*complimentary lunch provided for participants